Time Terminator: Page 17- The Triangle Love Story


George was sitting on a chair in the laboratory. He wants to think about something other than his dangerous project, that his friend wants to complete. Then he could realise that Lucifer still has some characters of Shone. He could feel the warmth of the friendship.

His mind went back to the winter when he was in the military lab. He was just walking outside the lab, enjoying nature. The ground was covered with thick layers of snow. It is enough to hide something really big. Soldiers wearing thick cloths was walking all around. Dark brown trees could be rarely spotted. The wind was really cold, he felt that snow was falling inside him.
He found that Shone was coming towards him. From his dressing, George could understand that he is just after his daily patrolling duty. From his facial expressions, George could understand that he had something important to talk.
“Hi, George, I have something to talk with you.”
“Something serious?”
George raised his eyebrows.
“Yeah.”
“Ok.”
George and Shone went towards the cement bench. After sitting on that, Shone cleared his throat to begin the conversation.
“ok George, this is really important.”
“Ok, tell me, my friend.”
“I have some kind of a special feeling with someone here.”
“Something…….Someone……. My friend, you are in trouble.”
“Exactly, can you please help me?”
“Of course, by the way, who is that special person?”
“You knew her, it’s Eva.”
“Ok, how can I help you with this?”
“Can you talk to her for me? I am not confident enough to talk to her.”
“Why my friend? After all, this is your story.”
“Agree, but can you please do this for me?”
Shone went away without waiting for a reply. His steps were almost without the discipline of a soldier.
When George entered the laboratory Eva was standing there. She was thinking about something that couldn’t even be noticed, George entering the lab.
“Hey, are you in some serious thought?”
“No no, I have something to talk to you.”
“Is it? I also have something to discuss.”
There was something sparkling in her eyes. Something with joy.
“Ok, shall we discuss here?”
“No, we could go to the cabin, it’s somewhat secret.”
She grabbed George’s hand and went towards the cabin without waiting for a reply.
“Ok, tell me.”
George looked at Eva.
“No, you first.”
Eva turned towards George.
“Ok, I want to tell you that someone has some special feelings towards you.”
“I knew that I also want to talk about it.”
“Is it? I am actually a messenger.”
Eva stared at George for a moment.
“Ok, and the person is………….”
“Shone……….”
Eva doesn’t seem to be happy hearing that. One could read how disappointed she was from her face itself.
“Eva, are you okay?”
“Idiot, so you are here as a messenger when I want to tell you that I have that same feeling towards you? Get out of my cabin.”
“But I don’t know…”
“Do you know anything? Just leave me alone. Get out.”
George went out of the cabin with deep disappointment. He couldn’t understand what just happened. He was sure that he can’t lose any of them. But still not clear about the solution.
Next day Shone met him again. He was eagerly waiting for the reply.
“George, what did she said?”
George remains silent.
“George, please..”
“She likes someone else.”
“Who?”
“Leave me alone Shone.”
“No, tell me.”
“It’s me. What can I do then?”
Shone remained silent for a moment.
“You both are lucky. I am happy to hear this. You must go on.”
George noticed that his friend was hiding something behind his smile.
“Shone…. What?”
“Yes.”
He couldn’t understand what Shone meant. But still, the wind was so cold.
When he entered the lab, Eva was doing something. He went towards her.
“Eva, sorry for…”
“Actually, I have to apologize to you.”
She turned towards George.
“I couldn’t understand.”
“Tell him that I am ready to accept the message.”
“Why?”
“Because, that’s what you want, and I love you more than anything. So I am ready for that.”
He hugged her, with joy and pain. For the first time, he could feel the warmth of the wind. He was dissolving to something, something he didn’t feel before. Something he couldn’t understand. The only thing he could realise was that he started loving her more than anything.
“You are expelled from the laboratory for disobeying the rules and authority. So the court had decided to exclude him and any person who has strong personal bonding to him from the laboratory, as they may become a threat to national security.”
The judgement bang in his head like a bomb. The day he was expelled from the laboratory, the day that changed everything.
In the courtroom, he was looking at Eva after the judgement. He could still find the warmth of love but was deeply disappointed. He is going to be a reason for destroying her career. Both of them are going to be blacklisted. He was thinking about a way to save her.
“Eva, you have to forget about me. I have to leave, but I don’t want that to affect you.”
George said to her outside the room. Shone was watching all these.
“That’s no longer possible George. I am going to be a mother. They will definitely find me.”
George couldn’t understand whether it’s fear or joy running through his veins.
“What?…….”
He couldn’t talk anything. Shone went towards him.
“I could help you George.”
“How?”
“I could pretend as her lover and could save her from the punishment.”
George couldn’t utter any word. Eva looked at Shone
“Believe me, I am your friend. I will take care of your child and her. This is my word.”
“Ok, I am believing you more than anything. I don’t have words to thank you. There will be no one else like you.”
George was almost at the edge of a cry.
“Eva, don’t worry, I will take care of you.”
Shortly after that, George packed his language and entered into the truck. He couldn’t realise that he is never going to see Eva again.
Later in a Christmas eve, he got a letter from Shone, which was posted from a post office near to the laboratory. He could find it was Shone from the handwriting, there was no address on the letter. Tears came out of his eyes, which mixed with the ink.
“Dear George,
I am glad to inform you that your daughter is fine here.”
There was only a single statement. But that have everything that he wanted to know.
“My daughter!” He shouted suddenly. That sharp noise was enough to break the thick layer of silence

Comments

POSTS YOU MAY LIKE