Time Terminator: Page 18- Black or White

Next day general Lucifer fixed a meeting with George. He realized that he was working there for a month. But still, couldn’t make much progress in the work. He could understand how disappointed the general will be. Taking the files explaining his project, he went to the general’s cabin.
“May I come in sir?”
“Yes my friend.”
Lucifer replied with a wicked smile.
“Do you have any happy news for me?”
His eyes was sharply inspecting George.
“No, but I am still working on it. It’s a difficult task.”
“I knew it’s difficult, otherwise everyone could’ve succeeded in that. But I knew that you could make it.”
General carefully placed a cup of coffee in front of him.
“Shone, believe me, I want more time. It is true that I told that idea to you. But I didn’t ever thought about it after that. I don’t have a clear idea on that.”
“Oh is it? But Shone had died long before. Now it is Lucifer. But I want that damn weapon as soon as possible. Do you understand?”
He could see a fire in the eyes of general.
“But, why do you want that weapon? It would destroy everything.”
“Are you an idiot? It will only reset the cycle.”
George could see a smile in his face.
“But for what?”
The question banged in the room for sometime.
“The universe, the world, humans are worthless. Everything is only a thought construction. My madness wants to break that. I want to make everyone free from these thoughts. I want to bring the ultimate freedom.”
George took some time to break the vicious silence.
“You had become mad because of your knowledge. You are wrong.”
“George, I am sad because even you are unable to understand me. How can you say that? Do you know how I became like this?”
George was starting at General without any answer.
“I am not a sadist, the world made me like this. They took everything from me. First I lost my best friend. Then they had murdered my dear one. Do you think that I am fighting for the polar union? Absolutely no. I am not a fool to fight for any ideology. Only fools will die for that.”
“But you weren’t ……”
George couldn’t believe those words.
“Yes, I was a disciplined soldier. But that day changed everything. I could realise that I was a fool. The wars will be there as long as humans are here. And millions of soldiers and innocent people would die, believing that they would become a part of history. Again and again, this cycle will continue. We will learn nothing. And the universe itself is of great chaos.”
“You are confused. I could help you.”
“I am not confused. Do you think that Eva died for Polaris union, in order to fulfil a great thing? It’s a lie, to hide the fact that these idiots failed to save her. You said about humans, right? Those who had killed her was also humans. I couldn’t notice a single drop of tears coming out of their eyes. Everything we learned is lies to hide the defects of our past. From there I no longer have any considerations towards anyone.”
George couldn’t say anything to him.
“Ok, George, you can leave now. And you have to complete the task. This is an order, ok?”
“Yes General.”
George was about to leave the room. Suddenly, something stuck in his thoughts. He turned around towards General.
“General, may I ask you something?”
“Of course.”
“My daughter is still alive, right?”
The reply was only a wicked smile.
“Can I see her? Can you please consider this request?”
“I am glad to know that you got the letter and you still remember about her. She is my daughter. But I will consider the request as you were my friend. But don’t let her know the stories.”
“Sure, I will not say anything like that.”
“Good for you. You can come to my house tomorrow. Soldiers will take you there.”
Before George, General went out of the room. He felt like he was alone. Kind of loneliness he never felt before. He wanted to cry, but that didn’t come out. He was standing there like a statue, without motion, without emotions. The room was empty.

Comments

POSTS YOU MAY LIKE